The 2016 Toyota RAV4 is a compact crossover SUV that offers a spacious and versatile interior, good fuel efficiency, and reliable performance.
Our family had too much fun rolling around in the 2016 Toyota Rav4. The one we drove was fully loaded and the kids appreciated being pampered for a week! It was priced at $37,022.00.
2016 Toyota Rav4 Review
I averaged 21 mpg driving around town and thought it handled really well.
You can take a walk thru the 2016 Toyota Rav4 with me in this video. The video is not great quality since it was originally live-streamed through Periscope.
Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan
There are 4 cameras on the car and they work together to give you a 360-degree view when you are backing up. This was by far my favorite feature. You can see everything around the car as if there was a camera hanging above the car. The cameras also give you great parking assist and lane departure assistance. The only downside is the beeping on the parking and lane departure assist is obnoxious.
Here are some key specifications and features of the 2016 Toyota RAV4:
- Engine: 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 176 horsepower and 172 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic transmission
- Fuel Economy: EPA-estimated 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway for front-wheel drive models, and 22 mpg city/29 mpg highway for all-wheel drive models
- Seating capacity: Five
- Cargo capacity: 38.4 cubic feet with the rear seats up, 73.4 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down
- Standard features: Entune touchscreen infotainment system, rearview camera, Bluetooth connectivity, USB port, auxiliary audio input, and air conditioning.
- Optional features: Navigation system, power moonroof, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, front and rear parking sensors, and a premium JBL audio system.
Things I liked about the 2016 Toyota Rav4
- 22 MPG City and 29 MPG Highway
- Government 5 star safety rating because it got 5 stars in all categories!
- The 2016 Rav4 is bigger and roomier than previous versions.
- There is a hybrid version available for just $700 more.
- The back row is roomy. Plenty of room for adults.
- The back door is automatic opening and closing.
- Heated seats.
- Keyless entry.
Overall, the 2016 Toyota RAV4 is a practical and reliable choice for a compact SUV that provides good fuel efficiency, ample cargo space, and a comfortable ride.