The 2017 Kia Sportage is a fantastic compact SUV. See why our family loved road-tripping around Texas in it and what our favorite features were.
Over the Christmas holidays I had the opportunity to drive the 2017 Kia Sportage all around Texas. I took my girlfriends shopping in Waco at the famous Magnolia Silos and my kids and I road tripped across Texas in it. Overall, I enjoyed driving this SUV a great deal. The 2017 Kia Sportage is a fantastic compact SUV and the price is right, fully loaded is costs $33,395.00. If you are thinking of buying a new vehicle. I suggest heading to a dealer and taking one for a test drive today if you are thinking of buying a new vehicle!
2017 Kia Sportage
I have to admit that Kia has done it again and knocked it out of the park with this SUV. When I first found out they were putting me in a smaller SUV I was worried it wouldn’t be a good fit for my family, but it turns out I was entirely wrong. It was a perfect fit despite not have a 3rd row. What is even better is the price. It starts at $23,200, which is an incredibly affordable price! You can pick between three different models, the LX, EX, and SX Turbo. The LX averages around 30 miles per gallon on the highway! That is excellent for an SUV! The model I was driving the was the FX FWD and it averages 23 MPG.
Overall the 2017 Kia Sportage is a super good looking SUV. I have heard others mention that they thought it was ugly, but I totally disagree. I think they did a great job with the redesign. This is a modern design and has a nice sleek shape.
I am amazed at all the different colors you can buy this vehicle in! The interior has multiple color options for you to choose from as well! The one they loaned me was some sort of brown, rust-like color. The kids and I debated and debated as to what color it was. But when we got to West Texas I realized that it was West Texas brown! How funny is that? Technically the color is Burnished Copper.
I enjoy driving around an SUV about 1000% more than driving around my minivan. The interior is absolutely gorgeous, I love the stitching on the seats. It is a really nice look, and the seats are really comfy to sit in for those long commutes. The Sportage costs anywhere between $23,000 and $34,000.
My favorite things about the 2017 Kia Sportage
- Large trunk – I was pleasantly surprised how much luggage I was able to shove in the back. That’s five suitcases and you can see that there is still room! (4 carry on suitcases and one massive suitcase) The Kia Sportage has 31 cubic square feet of storage.
- Automatic Back Door – One thing I really loved was that the back door had a button you could push to shut it. Also, I loved being able to walk up to the SUV and wave my foot under the back door and have it automatically open. It really is the little things sometimes that make all the difference.
- Heated steering wheel – I never realized how much I would enjoy this feature, but when I got to Texas it was 26 degrees and I was loving the heated steering wheel.
- Heated and cooling seats – Front row only.
- Panoramic sunroof – All us gals loved the panoramic sunroof. It was a cold day, but you never would have guessed it, with all the sunshine streaming into the car! The gals on the back row are one of my contributors aka as my sister Mikka and my aunt Gina. This is my aunts first time to be on my blog! The one next to me is my life long best friend Lindsey who you have probably seen on here before!! I should have taken a picture of all the stuff we bought. We filled the backspace up!
- Brake assist – If you have on the cruise control you can set it to slow down before it gets to close to another car.
- Roomy second-row – It was important to me that the back row have plenty of space. I spent 15 hours road tripping around Texas and I needed the kids to be nice and comfortable. We all know what happens when kids are not happy in the car. Things that added to their comfort back there was plenty of legroom, rear air, and charging outlets!
- Voice-Command Navigation w/ 8″ Color Touchscreen– Now let me say, this is an awesome perk to the vehicle. If you are traveling and looking for a specific location, you just talk to your navigation. You don’t have to pull over and manually input your address!
- The Harman/Kardon Audio System with Subwoofers: If you have a love for music, you will love this feature. It brings a nice deep bass to your music. It has a really clean sound system! You can never go wrong with a good sound system!
- Rear-Camera Display: You can’t go wrong with a rear camera display! This allows you to visibly see what is behind you when you put your car in reverse. I love this feature as you can ensure no one is walking behind your car!
- The Lane Departure Warning System: This is another fabulous feature. It is a camera-based system that monitors the position of your vehicle while driving in the lane. It will warn you if you deviate from the lane, and keep you in your lane. This is a great way to try to reduce accidents. Plus, if you are turning and your turn signal isn’t on it will notify you! Consider it an extra set of eyes for the road.
I could go on and on about all the awesome features and specs on this vehicle! It is truly a well thought out vehicle and has all the features you would want!
The Kia warranty is
- 10 year/100K mile limited powertrain warranty
- 5 year/60K mile limited basic warranty
- 5 year/60K mile roadside assistance